- Ms. Lazzari's Assignments
- Mr. Nowak's Assignments
- Elementary School Concerts
- Poway Band & Orchestra Festival Information
- Six Flags
- Mr. Nowak's Blog
- Smart Music
- Concert Schedule
- Daily Procedures/Rules
- 2013-2014 OVMS Music Handbook
- Supply Wish List
- Private Teachers
- Chair Placements and Challenges
- Join Music Because....
- Jazz Band
- Concert Attire
- Upcoming events
- Honor Band Opportunities
- Encore French
New pages for our upcoming activities:
Elementary School Concerts
Poway Band Festival
Six Flags trip
Wind Ensemble recordings are posted on my Assignments page. Evaluation homework is due on Wednesday, March 10.
This year we are having a student contest to determine the theme for our May 7 Benefit Concert. Winner of the theme contest will receive the honor of having their theme in BIG print and a $10 Jamba Juice gift card. All entries are due by Monday, March 10. Entries must be submitted on an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of paper and must include first and last name, grade, class, and theme suggestion. Please submit to Ms. Lazzari or Mr. Nowak. Past themes have included, "Got Music", "Music Matters", and "A Night at the Oak Valley Theater".
Smartmusic Questions and Answers
- SmartMusic support number: 866.240.4041. Online user manual here. SmartMusic support can solve many of the issues that we cannot.
- If you receive "not available for your region" message: SmartMusic recommends going to your music library in smartmusic and deleting your music titles from that section. Then when you reselect them from your assignment page they should be new and uncorrupted.
- If your submit button is not appearing: Make sure you are accessing your assignments by first clicking on your class and then on the assignments listed below your class. Make sure that Java is updated on your computer. If you still don't have a submit button, save your take as an mp3 and email it to us.
- If your screen is coming up blank when you click on your Smartmusic icon: Make sure that your network security is not set so high that it doesn't allow smartmusic to work on your computer.
- If you submitted but we don't show it in our grade book, you can probably access your old take (if you haven't shut down your computer) and click on the take and submit.